The objective of this topic is to provide the delegates the basic knowledge and skills in this
discipline to facilitate faster learning curves while on the job. This topic will cover the
fundamental principles and concepts used in process plant layout and piping design. Upon
completion of this topic the delegates will have a clear understanding of the design and
engineering principles used in plant layout and piping design..
- Introduction to Process piping.
- Piping Components and fittings.
- Overview of Static & Rotary Equipment’s.
- Pipe supports.
- Piping Materials.
- a) Piping Material Selection.
b) Pipe wall thickness calculation.
c) Design Pressure calculation.
d) Design of miter bends.
- Process Piping Codes and Standards.
- General-Process Diagrams. (Isometric, P& ID, PFD, GA)
- 3D Modeling.
- Fabrication and Erection Techniques.
- Pressure Testing Procedures.
- Introduction to Welding
- Codes & Standards
- Welding process & Quality
- Basic welding & Cutting process workshop (Theory & Practicals)
- Welding Metallurgy
- Safety in Welding & Cutting Processes
- Welding Qualifications & Specifications
- Fatigue of Welded Structures
- Welding Inspection
- Geometries & Weld Symbols
- Selection of Base metals & Filler Metals
- Weld Defects
- Reports & Forms
Understanding the basic principles of various NDT methods, fundamentals, discontinuities in
different product forms, importance of NDT, applications, limitations of NDT methods and
techniques and codes, standards and specifications related to non-destructive testing
- Introduction to N.D.E.
- Codes and Standards.
- Visual Testing.
- Liquid Penetrant Testing.
- Magnetic Particle Testing.
- Ultrasonic Testing.
- Radiographic Testing.
- Radiographic Film Interpretation
- Report Forms.
BLASTING & PAINTING
Understand basic blasting and painting procedures, methods of application and testing
Understand the importance of surface preparation. Recognise the benefits and disadvantages of coating and paint systems
- Corrosion theory
- Coating conditions
- Surface preparation methods, purpose and standards
- Blasting methods and equipment
- Cleaning methods and standards
- Surface contaminants and tests/detection
- Paint systems, manufacture and technology
- Paint film testing and equipment
- Paint gloss
- Adhesion test and equipment
- Pinhole/Holiday detection
- Cathodic protection
- Paint application methods
- Duties of the painting inspector
- Health and safety
Piping Engineering - Training on Pipe Fabrication